Review: A Court of Mist and Fury

A Court of Mist and Fury 
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses, Book 2
Release date: 
Published by: Bloomsbury USA
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Feyre's happily ever after has come at a cost. She saved the Spring Court and many more but what happens next? What happens with the bargain she struck with the High Lord of Night? Plus, she is now one of the High Fae. Will she have gifts now too?

My thoughts: This series, and especially this second book are hot, hot, hot!! Plus it is filled with a beautiful and extremely dangerous world which is so very hard to step out of as each book ends. These seriously give you a book hangover big time! As I neared the end I couldn't seem to finish it because I just didn't want it to end. :( 

Maas shows us so much more of this new world that Feyre has become a part of. It's incredible. So are the people and creatures she introduces us to as well. There's so much depth to everyone and everything. Plus, I never got that "middle book feeling" which typically happens. Yay! Even though the giantness of the book was rather hard to deal with I still flew through it in about 24 hours. :)

I thought I knew everything there was to know about Feyre after book 1, but boy was I wrong! There was so much growth with this character that it blew my mind! I love her even more now which I just didn't think was possible. She becomes an incredible beacon of hope and courage for so many. I so much love that she is such an incredibly strong female lead character. 

There is also a ton of depth and growth put into both Tamlin and Rhysand after leaving from under the mountain. It's pretty shocking at first, but then when you watch how Feyre begins to finally heal it all seems so perfect. 

In fact this book IS perfect. I am blown away by Sarah Maas's writing in this series AND in the Throne of Glass series! I have no idea how she does it but it's absolutely awesome. I can't wait for more of each. 


Be sure to check out my review of the first book:


What did you think of this one? Or the first one? 

View all my reviews

Comments