Waiting on Wednesday #231 - Chasing Impossible & Nevernight

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Katie McGarry 
Release Date: July 1, 2016 
Published by: Harlequin Teen

Tough and independent, 17-year-old Abby lets very few people into her inner circle. It's common knowledge in her Kentucky town that she deals drugs, but not even her closest friends know why. But when a deal goes south and Abby's suddenly in danger, she finds herself reluctantly forced to lean on daredevil Logan--a boy whose restless spirit matches her own.

Logan has his own reasons for wanting to keep Abby at arms' length. But he never expected to find in her the one person who might help him face the demons he's tried so hard to run from.

Together, Abby and Logan will have to make a decision: let their current circumstances weight them down forever...or fight for the future they both thought was impossible. (Summary from Goodreads)

Oh my goodness! I love Katie McGarry. I want it, I want it, I want it!! :)


Author: Jay Kristoff 
Release Date: August 9, 2016 
Published by: Thomas Dunne Books/St.Martin's Press 

In a land where three suns almost never set, a fledging killer joins a school of assassins, seeking vengeance against the powers who destroyed her family.

Daughter of an executed traitor, Mia Corvere is barely able to escape her father's failed rebellion with her life. Alone and friendless, she hides in a city built from the bones of a dead god, hunted by the Senate and her father's former comrades. But her gift for speaking with the shadows leads her to the door of a retired killer, and a future she never imagined.

Now, Mia is appreciated to the deadliest flock of assassins in the entire Republic--the Red Church. If she bests her fellow students in contests of steel, poison and the subtle arts, she'll be inducted among the Blades of Lady of Blessed Murder, and one step closer to the vengeance she desires. But a killer is loose within the Church's halls, the bloody secrets of Mia's past return to haunt her, and a plot to bring down the entire congregation is unfolding in the shadows she so loves.

Will she even survive to initiation, let alone have her revenge? (Summary from Goodreads)

After reading Illuminae, I cannot wait to try something else by Kristoff! And THIS sounds awesome! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. Both look really good. Katie McGarry is on fire! I see her books all over the place. I'd love to read Nevernight too. The cover is haunting and that blurb pulls you right in. Hope both are enjoyable. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Nevernight on my TBR :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Katie McGarry so I'm adding that one to my TBR list for sure! And Nevernight looks really interesting too! Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of them sound pretty good! I absolutely looovvveeee the cover for Nevernight; it's absolutely gorgeous. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment