Review: Lumiere

Lumiere 
Author: Jacqueline Garlick
Series: The Illumination Paradox, Book 1
Release date: December 15, 2014
Published by: Skyscape
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When Eyelet literally runs into Urlick while fleeing her city for her life. Neither one has any idea what they've gotten themselves into, but they soon realize they may be out of their league of knowledge of what others should be like and act like. Still pursued by Smrt and his group of thugs, can Eyelet figure out the mystery of the machine, stay out of Smrt's grasp AND keep her biggest secret safe?

My thoughts: This was an adventure from beginning to end with 2 main characters who I could easily get behind. There are so many things that have been twisted and turned in this place that Garlick has created that I really wanted to see both of them win over their oppressors! 

Garlick's created a world where there is SO much oppression and fear about so many things that you are immediately sucked into their troubled lives! The story is told in alternating POV between Eyelet and Urlick. Both main characters have extremely interesting histories that you never quite get enough of. You get bits and pieces as they reveal themselves to you and to each other. 

The technology is fantastic in this book. There are so many neat gadgets and gizmos that many different people have created to help them in their lives or a weapons. There is also a very cool element of birds being a big part of this story which was very cool and added to the mystic of it all. 

I cannot wait to read book 2 which I just found was released in September! There are so many unanswered questions to be answered! 



View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Thank you so so much for your kind words!!! J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO welcome! I just added both book 1&2 to orders for both my middle school and high school libraries! ;) I think they'll love them too.

      Delete

Post a Comment