Review: Dark Hope & Dark Rising


Author: Monica McGurk
Series: The Archangel Prophecies, Book 1
Release date: July 29, 2014
Published by: Greenleaf Book Group
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hope Carmichael is being a new life with her mother after years of living under her father's regime of protection after she was abducted as a young girl. She can't wait to actually live her life like a normal teenager. When she meets Michael, her life is turned upside down once again as she's engulfed in a whole world she never knew existed right in front of her.

My thoughts: This was a fast-paced read full of drama and intrigue. What an adventure!

Hope is a fantastic female lead character who knows herself, and what she wants in life. I liked this about her. I couldn't wait to get to the end of this book so I could find out what happens next in book 2! 



Series: The Archangel Prophecies, Book 2
Release date: June 30, 2015
Published by: River Grove Books
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hope is on the run as the Bearer of the Key. Will the Fallen Angels get to Hope because they think she's finally the way they are going to get back into heaven? OR, will the Triad catch up with her and drag her back into the human trafficking world? What will happen next?

My thoughts: WOW! What a ride! The intensity of this story just keeps growing. I really like how the mythology twists and turns exploring the stories we all know. Plus, McGurk had a great way of describing the places the characters visit. I felt like I was really there with them on their pilgrimage.

This book made me a bit crazy with all of its danger, but it was supposed to. There was even some serious betrayal in this one that was shocking too! Hope and Michael take things to a whole new level in this book. 

In the end, these 2 books were a hell of a epic ride, and I can't wait to get to book 3! 




View all my reviews 

Comments