DNF Review: A History of Glitter and Blood


A History of Glitter and Blood
Author: Hannah Moskowitz
Release date: August 18, 2015
Published by: Chronicle Books
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I'm sad to say that after forcing myself through 2 chapters, I'm DNF'ing this. It is ridiculous. I RARELY have this happen. The start of the book is completely as if they started in the middle instead of the beginning. Then, I couldn't figure out who was even the narrator, or from what perspective they were speaking. Next, there were random swears which seemed like they were there for no reason at all. Please don't think I'm a prude, because I'm really, really not. Honestly I sound a bit like a sailor from time to time, but there has to be a reason for the swearing if it's going to be there. It shouldn't be there for no reason at all here and there. I have too many lovely potentials on my NetGalley shelf, NOOK, and real bookshelf to waste more time on this one. I tried. I really tried. :( 

View all my reviews

Comments