Review: Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

Rebel Belle 
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Series: Rebel Belle, Book 1
Release date: April 8, 2014
Published by: Putnam Juvenile
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Harper Price and David Stark have been enemies since Harper can remember. Then on the night of the Homecoming Dance when a completely crazy event ends with Harper becoming a Paladin with super powers and all, but also increasing their animosity via David's latest nasty newspaper article about Harper. Except after that evening, it seems that the two of them are the only ones who can solve the mystery that surrounds what has happened to Harper along with David's Aunt, and the ride is only going to get rougher...

My thoughts: This was an interesting twist on the super power stories I typically love like Beautiful Creatures. I hadn't read a Paladin story before, and I really liked that Harper was the girl who was trying to be Miss Goody Goody on the top of the pack of her high school after a horrifically sad family tragedy. Plus, it was Rachel Hawkins who wrote the Hex Hall series which is AWESOME!

I do have to say that this one wasn't quite what I thought it was going to be. I really DID like it a lot and can't wait to find out what happens next in Book 2. There are so many unanswered questions that I am hoping we get answers to in Book 2 that we didn't get in Book 1.

Final thoughts: If you love stories about people who gain super powers and live in The South in any way...you are going to LOVE this story!

View all my reviews

Comments