Review: Invisible by Dawn Metcalf

Invisible 
Series: The Twixt, Book 2
Author: Dawn Metcalf
Release date: September 30, 2014
Published by: Harlequin Teen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An assassin has been hired to kill Joy Malone, and it has become very obvious that surviving with The Sight as a human in The Twixt is becoming harder and harder. Can she keep her heart intact while also keeping her new status she's found in the Twixt?

My thoughts: From the moment I slipped into this second book, it was like I was cuddling in my favorite PJ's! I just love these characters and everything about their wild world they live in.

Ink and Joy were just as lush and velvety as a couple as I remember them from before. Plus, the world that Metcalf has wrapped around them is both absolutely beautiful and absolutely scary. We really get to know Ink and Joy so much more in this book as we watch their lives become much more difficult as their relationship deepens and they step into each other's lives. Ok, honestly it gets a bit steamy! :) Oohlala!

As for everyone else...wow are there some scary and some gorgeous creatures in this book/world. Some are good and some are really, really bad. Yikes! I don't want to give too much away, but when Joy needed help in this book I was blown away by where she got her help from and I have a feeling you will be too! Just you wait! Cue the suspenseful music!

And that ending! Perfection! Now, I cannot wait for the next two books to see what happens next for everyone in The Twixt! I wish I could hang over Dawn Metcalf's shoulder as she types. HAHA. That wouldn't be creepy at all would it? LOL!

Read-alikes: Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr, Winter People by Rebekah Purdy, Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa and Splintered by A.G. Howard.

Check out my review of Book 1:

Have you read it yet? What did you think?

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Excited for INVISIBLE and even more so after reading your review.

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SOO good!! I cannot wait for the rest of the series!!

      Delete

Post a Comment