Waiting on Wednesday #131 - Let's Get Lost & Blackbird

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Adi Alsaid 
Release Date: July 29, 2014
Published by: Harlequin Teen

Five strangers. Countless adventures. One epic way to get lost.

Four teens across the country have only one thing in common: a girl named Leila. She crashes into their lives in her absurdly red car at the moment they need someone the most.

There's Hudson, a small-town mechanic who is willing to throw away his dreams for true love. And Bree, a runaway who seizes every Tuesday--and a few stolen goods along the way. Elliot believes in happy endings...until his own life goes off-script. And Sonia worries that when she lost her boyfriend, she also lost the ability to love.

Hudson, Bree, Elliot and Sonia find a friend in Leila. And when Leila leaves them, their lives are forever changed. But it is during Leila's own 4,268-mile journey that she discovers the most important truth--sometimes, what you need most is right where you started. And maybe the only way to find what you're looking for is to get lost along the way. (Summary from Goodreads)

Stories about self-discovery and growth can be so powerful. Can't wait to see if this one enriches my life.


Author: Anna Carey
Release Date: September 16, 2014
Published by: HarperTeen

A girl wakes up on the train tracks, a subway car barreling down on her. With only minutes to react, she hunches down and the train speeds over her. She doesn't remember her name, where she is, or how she got there. She has a tattoo on the inside of her right wrist of a blackbird inside a box, letters and numbers printed just below: FNV02198. There is only one thing she knows for sure: people are trying to kill her.

On the run for her life, she tries to untangle who she is and what happened to the girl she used to be. Nothing and no one are what they appear to be. But the truth is more disturbing than she ever imagined. (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds like such a thriller! I'm in! what do you think?

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I just started reading LET'S GET LOST this week. Great choice! I think this one will be big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up Let's Get Lost at ALA and I can't wait to read it! I think I'll start that one next. Great choice.

    Arlene @ WinterHaven BooksMy WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Let's Get Lost for review - I am super excited to read it.
    Blackbird sounds pretty awesome as well!
    Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found Blackbird the other day and I'm going to have to get it I think. It just sounds so darn interesting. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I keep seeing Let's Get Lost around and it's hard not to be intrigued by it. I really hope you'll get to read both of these. Great picks :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, I loved Let's Get Lost, it took me a few chapters to get into it, but then loved it. Blackbird though! It would've had me from the beginning if it wasn't for the 2nd person which took a bit longer to get used to but then ohhh, so good once you do. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's Get Lost was a very good book. I enjoyed it immensely. Blackbird sounds interesting. Good choices.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blackbird sounds amazing. Great picks!

    Our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know! Me too! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Let's Get Lost last week! And it was... beautiful! I love the writing, characters, story - everything!
    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really excited for Let's Get Lost too! I've seen tons of positive reviews for it. Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment