Review: Hexed by Michelle Krys

Hexed 
Author: Michelle Krys
Series: The Witch Hunter, Book 1
Release date: June 10, 2014
Published by: Delacorte Press
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Indie is at the top of the food chain at her school as a cheerleader, and a blond one at that who happens to be dating the head football star! Of course when a guy falls dead from the sky, her mom's occult shop gets broken into, a family heirloom is stolen, and a handsome stranger starts following her...everything quickly begins to unravel for Indie.

My thoughts: This was so fun! I can't wait to read the next installment in this series, and will have such a hard time waiting! Ugh! I really liked the whole creation of this little world that soon became large in Krys's book! It was so great.

I especially liked that the daughter who's the main character had no idea that this whole witch thing was real, and that everyting she had been living her whole life was for the most part true to a certain extent. I think that is always a bit real even at school. Kids are so clueless sometimes in that we as adults have lives outside of our jobs. I know this is shocking, you might need to sit down...but I do not actually live in the school libraries! I go home at night, have two children, a husband and a whole entire life outside of the job they see me do during the day. LOL! It's always so eye-rollingly ridiculous when a kid says, "You have kids!?" in that shocked voice like I couldn't possibly ever do anything other than check books in and out 24/7! UGH! Really kiddos!? :P Anyways, I really liked this element of Indie. It was perfect. The other part I really liked is the next-door-neighbor friend who she's been dumping on for most of her life by not hanging out with her because she's not cool for whatever ridiculous reasons she seems to come up with. This was also done so right. I loved that Paige didn't just rollover for her! Go Paige, and go smart girls too! Woot! Woot!

I seriously ate this book right up and cannot wait for the next one! Great job Krys!

p.s. The name Indigo Blackwood is the best witch name ever! Love it! 

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. eeeep! this sounds awesome! I have the egalley but haven't decided to read it yet since the publishing date is solo far away. I have to start now! Great review!

    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was really great and now I can't wait for the next one! :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment