Review: The Girl with the Windup Heart by Kady Cross

The Girl with the Windup Heart 
Author: Kady Cross
Series: Steampunk Chronicles, Book 4
Release date: May 27, 2014
Published by: Harlequin Teen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jack Dandy is bound and determined that Mila will be a taught to be a perfect lady who can be presented to society via Griffin King...of course Mila has a very different idea about all this. She just wants to live a normal life, including one that involves following her heart. But they must all be very, very careful because The Machinist is still out there in the Aether waiting to exact his revenge on Griffin, Finley and the rest of the gang.

My thoughts: LOVED IT as usual! I just adore these characters! Each and every one! This one was rather different with so much of the book taking place with Mila and Jack instead of with Finley, and/or Griffin. Being back with these characters always feels so good. I just adore them! Finley is of course my absolute favorite, but I noticed in this one that Mila was really developing into a fantastic character as well! I'll even more honest with you and admit that Jack Dandy has always been my favorite over Griffin! Shhh! ;) If you know me, then this is probably NOT a surprise to you. LOL!

The setting of going into the Aether was SO CREEPY!! I had such a hard time with that for some reason. It was a good idea though to have The Machinist growing his power while in the Aether. I don't want to give too much away for those who haven't read this series....SOOO...I'll just finish up by saying I just cannot get enough of this steampunk, classic science fiction tales all twisted up! They are just BRILLIANT!


Here's a fun interview with Kady Cross from the recent New York ComicCon!

View all my reviews

Comments