Top 10 Books if You Like the TV Show Grimm...


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

Top 10 Books if You Like the TV Show Grimm...

1. Grim ed. by Christine Johnson 
I think the name alone tells you why I picked this one! But, I've actually read and reviewed and it IS perfect! If you haven't read these stories they are just fantastic!
Check out my review here! 


2. Beastly by Alex Flinn
Honestly any of Alex's retellings will do! These are great! Have you read any? This just happens to be the one I've read. I have others sitting on my shelves waiting for me.


3. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
This isn't a "main stream" fairy tale that you'd think of like Cindrella or Snow White, but oh how I liked this tragic and lovingly told story. Shannon Hale is just such an amazing story teller!


4. Rapunzel's Revenge & Calamity Jack by Shannon Hale
These are gorgeous steampunk adaptations of the fairy tale characters into butt-kicking and villainous people! They are a MUST when reading retellings of fairy tales! 

5. Ash by Malinda Lo
This is one of my favorite versions of Cinderella of all time! Maybe it IS my favorite. I'll have to think about that! :) If you haven't read it, you MUST! 


6. The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter
This is one of my absolute favorite versions of fairy tales BUT brace yourselves! It's the one of the most horrific ones too that I've read! Lets be honest though, the Bluebeard story is NEVER an ok story! It's always horrific! :( I wouldn't recommend it for reading in the dark.


7. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
This is one that I have had on my shelf for a long while now and it has always sounded good, but I've just never taken the time to read it. Have you? What did you think? (p.s. this cover is AMAZING!)


8. Scarlet by A.G. Gaughen
Does the "Robin Hood" story count as a fairy tale? I think it does! :) 

9. Entwined by Heather Dixon
One of my favorite fairy tales stories is the twelve dancing princesses and this is such a different twist on this story. WOW! 


10. ???? I can't think of any more! :P

What's on your Top 10 this week?

Comments

  1. Furthermore, it additionally recognized more adaptable and less demanding to fix and administer than a considerable number of options, white tv cabinet because of being commonly sold in effortless-to-fit frameworks, and regularly nearing pre-fulfilled in the pack-intending no further readiness for example waxing or oiling of the wood should occur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Within, anywhere from, a few days to a few weeks you will eliminate most if not all of these negative thought patterns and beliefs. Quantum Manifestation Code Review However, there is another major damaging phenomenon at work in your life which you must learn to eradicate. You have very subtle and almost imperceptible unconscious thoughts that, unless removed, will stop your vision from ever being manifest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment