Review: Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

Dorothy Must Die 
Author: Danielle Paige
Series: Dorothy Must Die, Book 1
Release date: April 1, 2014
Published by: HarperTeen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Amy Gumm was just a girl from Kansas with a chip on her shoulder until a tornado swept her up and dumped her (literally) in Oz. THE OZ! That's right. Witches, Munchkins, the yellow brick road and...Dorothy. But here's the thing, when Dorothy came back to Oz she became more evil than you could EVER imagine! To save Oz, Amy is going to have to show more gumption than she ever has before!

My thoughts: This was a raw and powerful butt-kicking journey to Oz! Amy Gumm was an awesome heroine! I loved her snotty mouth and fantastic instincts for not trusting anyone for the most part. I hate it when characters constantly trust over and over when they so obviously shouldn't. It makes me crazy. But she also still has heart as well. No matter how much she wants you to think that she hates everyone and everything, she really doesn't.

The villains are SO brilliantly done in this book! SO brilliantly! WOW! They are just gruesomely awful! I cannot believe how terrible and horrific the things are that they do to the inhabitants of Oz; it's just gruesome plain and simple.

The good guys? Well...they're wicked! That's right! It's the Wicked Witches! They've all banded together. Are you kidding me!? LOVE IT! And they're called The Revolutionary Order of the Wicked? = PERFECTION!!!

I do have one complaint, I was extremely frustrated to get ALL the way to the end of the stinking book (which was VERY good) and feel like nothing had been accomplished really. Ok, maybe just one teeny tiny thing. Seriously!? Grrrr!!! Couldn't we have at least had 2 or 3 done by then?

Last thoughts: I'm ALL IN! That's right, sign me up for the WHOLE SERIES!!


Make sure you check out the Book Trailer Thursday post too in case you missed it from last week featuring Dorothy Must Die!

View all my reviews

Comments