Review: Secret by Brigid Kemmerer

Secret 
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Series: Elememtal, Book 4
Release date: January 28, 2014
Published by: Kensington Teen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Nick Merrick can make the air bend to his will, but his own life seems to be spiraling out of control at mach speed! He's always been the one with fantastic grades and on the road to college, the one who run the books for the family business, and now he's the one who carries around a huge personal secret that he just cannot share with the ones he calls the closest. Will he be able to hold it all together? OR will it all blow up in his face? Plus...there are always guides just around the corner hunting them all...

My thoughts: WOW! This was VERY different and VERY daring I thought. To take these beautiful and extremely masculine teenage, and adult guys who just exude all that is male and have Nick's character end up holding a rather ultimate secret! What a perfect plot twist! Plus, I LOVED that it didn't work out perfectly for him when he finally shares, or things get spilled eventually. I always think it's crap when everything works out so easily or perfectly in TV shows or movies...when in reality things are usually so much more harder, or trickier. This was perfect. I loved Adam!

One part I wanted to mention is the whole storyline about Quinn. This is sadly something that happens all too often that I see as an educator, but kids are extremely good at hiding the fact that they need help from people. They keep you at a distance instead, or make you think they're terrible but in truth they are fantastic human beings who just happen to be in the middle of a terrible situation. Anyway, THIS was done so well. So very well.

I feel like I've been holding on to this one for so long and not writing it because all I have to say is I LOVED IT!!! READ IT!!!! :)

View all my reviews

Comments