Waiting on Wednesday #104 - Evertrue & Cress

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Evertrue 
(Everneath, Book 3)
Author: Brodi Ashton
Release Date: January 21, 2014
Published by: Balzer + Bray

Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she's begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself...which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon - or die.
Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible. Even Cole, who they expected to fight them at every turn, has become an unlikely ally - but how long can it last? Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him - and together, they must travel back to the Underworld to undo Nikki's fate and make her mortal once more. But Cole isn't the only one with plans for Nikki: the Queen has not forgotten Nikki's treachery, and she wants her destroyed for good. Will Nikki be forced to spend eternity in the Underworld, or does she have what it takes to bring down the Everneath once and for all? (Summary from Goodreads)

I've read the other two in this series and I've been waiting to find out what will happen to this crazy love triangle!


Author: Marissa Meyer
Release Date: February 4, 2014
Published by: Feiwel & Friends

Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair--or her guard.

In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker - unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can. (Summary from Goodreads)

I love fairytale retellings and the first one in this series, Cinder, was very interesting. I have book 2, Scarlet, waiting for me on my shelves. These sound great! WOW! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. These are two series I haven't started, and I have the first books. I guess I need to get on it. I hope you get to enjoy both soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Everneath series but it's on my tbr and I just read Cress and it's so good. Now I'm dying for Winter. I'm mad I waited so long to read the series but I'm glad that I could series binge. Great picks.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment