Waiting on Wednesday #103 - The Impossible Knife of Memory & Secret

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
Release Date: January 7, 2014
Published by: Viking Juvenile

For the past five years, Hayley Kincaid and her father, Andy, have been on the road, never staying long in one place as he struggles to escape the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. Now they are back in the town where he grew up so Hayley can attend school. Perhaps, for the first time, Hayley can have a normal life, put aside her own painful memories, even have a relationship with Finn, the hot guy who obviously likes her but is hiding secrets of his own.
Will being back home help Andy's PTSD, or will his terrible memories drag him to the edge of hell, and drugs push him over? (Summary from Goodreads)

I know this came out yesterday, but doesn't this sound like a heart-breaker? I love everything Anderson writes and this one sounds just as compelling as all of her other novels.


(Elemental, Book 4)
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Release Date: January 28, 2014
Published by: Kensington Teen

Nowhere is safe. Not even home...

Nick Merrick is stretched to the breaking point.

Keep his grades sky-high or he'll never escape his hometown.
Keep his brother's business going or the Merricks will be out on the street.
Keep the secret of where he's going in the evenings from his own twin--or he'll lose his family.

Keep his mind off the hot, self-assured dancer who's supposed to be his "girlfriend's" partner.

Of course there's also the homicidal freak Quinn has taken to hanging around, and the Elemental Guide counting the hours until he can try again to kill the Merrick brothers.

There's a storm coming. From all sides. And then some.

Nick Merrick, can you keep it together? (Summary from Goodreads)

I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! It's just plain brilliant! I cannot wait for the next installment! If you haven't tried this series yet, what the hell are you waiting for!? 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I've heard such great things about the Impossible Knife of Memories. I can't wait to read it. Such awesomeness awaits for the both of us.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of things about The Impossible Knife of Memories, however, I can't say I'm looking for any really emotional reads right now, but I hope you get to read it soon!

    I'm starting a new feature over at my blog Book Badger soon, it'd mean a lot to me if you could check it out: Five Friday Favourites

    ReplyDelete
  3. The impossible knife of memory is on my list too, can't wait to get my hands on it!
    LHS books always destroy me a little, so there's probably going to be some crying involved but they are amazing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these sounds so good. cannot wait for them.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment