Review: Enders by Lissa Price

Enders 
Auther: Lissa Price
Series: Starters, Book 2
Release date: January 7, 2014
Published by: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Callie has completely destroyed Prime, but she is still in danger...she still has the chip in her head. Plus, there are still all the other Starters who have chips in their heads to worry about. There has to be a way to get this thing out of her head and Callie is determined to figure out how. Or, find someone who can. Unfortunately, she soon finds out how hard that is to do. With new partners at her side, Callie is on a mission to save all of the Metals like her, find her father she knows is still out there somewhere, and stop The Old Man once and for all!

My thoughts: Ok, this was a great wrap-up for me to Price's Starters. I LOVED Starters SO much, so I think I may have gone into this with a bit too much hope after having to wait for SO LONG to get to read what happens next to Callie. I did really like this, don't get me wrong! It's just there wasn't the same level of amazing as before. I'm not sure why...maybe I can talk it out here...

Walking back into Callie's world was like putting my favorite sweater back on again that I lost and couldn't find, but I just found it in the back of the closet. :) I just love her as a main character. I love that she wants to save everyone, crush the bad guy, and find the answer to their future. Plus, she's just a normal girl! So many of the other Metals have special skills that make them exceptional like martial arts, strength, etc. but Callie is just an excellent marksman and normal girl.

Michael and Hyden were newer characters in this book, and they couldn't be more different in my opinion. Hyden becomes an incredible part of Callie's story in many different ways, and in many different twists and turns. Michael on the other hand happens to be someone who lived in the same neighborhood as Callie growing up, so he's sort of like a family friend but I never quite understand why she's so close with him at all, or why she even cares what he thinks. He's not even nice most of the time. He does stick with her at all times and fights right along side her, but I guess I just don't get him as a character or why he's a part of Callie's space. :/ While Hyden is something else completely...his relationship with her, even though frustrating at times because it keeps twisting and turning, makes so much more sense.

Last thoughts: If this is truly the end of Callie's story, then it was a good ending that I was very happy with. BUT, I would also be rather happy if that ending was set so that Price could do a spin-off series with it because in my opinion you couldn't go wrong with that either! For now I just cannot wait to get this one as a real, live hardcover on my shelves next to Starters! :D

View all my reviews

Comments