Review: The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter 
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey, Book 2
Release date: August 1, 2010
Published by: Harlequin Teen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Meghan Chase took on the Iron King and lived to tell about it. Now she just wants to go home and move on with her life...but I don't think that's what's going to happen unfortunately. Even worse, she's been having a terrible time accessing her powers lately. With Winter and Summer about to erupt into war where will Meghan end up?

My thoughts: I LOVED THIS ONE! Book 2 was SO much better than 1 for me, which doesn't happen all that often does it!? Usually it's book 1 that is better then book 2, but for me this was definitely the other way around.

There were SO MANY twists and turns in this one! A few I figured out ahead of time, but so many others I didn't know ahead of time which always makes me happy. All the same fantastic characters were in this 2nd book, Meghan, Ash, Puck, and many new characters as well. I especially like meeting a whole new Queen and court of fey.

I do have to say that were some times here and there when I seriously wanted to slap Meghan! I loved the confident Meghan and the stubborn Meghan...NOT this whiny baby girl. What the heck is that!? I adore watching Ash and Meghan and their relationship! It's so gorgeous to the point that it even made me cry a time or two. I know...I'm such a sucker for a star-crossed lovers story!

But seriously...the winner for me in this book was the plot, plot, plot! It was a non-stop action-packed plot filled with so many twists and turns that I was hooked and literally read this one all in one day! I LOVED IT!

Now on to book 3! :)

View all my reviews

Comments