Review: Going Rogue by Robin Benway

Going Rogue 
Author: Robin Benway
Series: Also Known As, Book 2
Release Date: January 14, 2014
Published by: Walker Childrens/BloomsburyUSA
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Living in NYC full-time, being mostly retired from the spying gig, and going to high school with her adorable boy-friend and best friend means life should be golden for Maggie Silver! That's right, I said, "Should be!" I forgot to mention mean girls, the boring predictability of day after day high school and of course trouble always seems to come knocking eventually for some reason...but will Maggie be able to figure out how to save her parents' reputations and keep them all free too?

My thoughts: This second installment of Benway's teenage international spy novel series that ROCKS did not disappoint! I loved it just as much as I did the first one. Of course this one starts out with the plot going in the opposite direction of the first one since Maggie and her family are laying down roots in New York City now instead of just heading there. Now Maggie is just a normal, everyday high school student who just happens to be the best safe cracker EVER!

I mean seriously, how long could Maggie think that could truly last!? About a blink of an eye since pretty soon they are all in the think of it again and this time it's Maggie's parents' reputations at stake. Except pretty soon it's their lives too. All of them and they are on the run for their lives!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these characters. I just cannot even begin to tell you how at home I felt starting this ARC. I was just so darn happy to back with Maggie, Jesse, Roux, Angelo and to even meet fabulous new characters that I came to love as well! But I have to tell you that Roux and Angelo are my absolute favorite characters of all in these books. Also, that cover is FANTASTIC and I cannot wait to have it next to my other hardcover on my bookshelves! This is definitely a series I want to keep going as a hardcover series.

Final thoughts: This is a fabulous series about teens and adults who are both bad AND good guys...AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH! If you haven't tried this series I highly recommend it!

View all my reviews

Comments