Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unravel Me 
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me, Book 2
Release date: February 5, 2013
Published by: HarperTeen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Juliette may be free from The Reestablishment now that she's escaped being Warner's weapon, but will she be able to free herself from her mind enough to be Omega Point's? And what about Adam? Will she tell him about that last moment...?

My thoughts: This sequel fell right into place where the first left off as the group is getting settled in at Omega Point...everyone but Juliette that is. She is stuck. Stuck inside her head afraid to let loose with her power and practice with it so that she can hone it. She needs to be able to help the new friends she is now living among, not to mention make sure she can control what she can do so that she doesn't hurt any of her new friends.

Except, there are a few wrinkles of course. Am I going to tell you about those? NO!!! I'll tell you this...Adam is involved. And then Warner is involved, along with his psychopathic father too. I'm sorry, but I am NOT telling you anymore then that. I really liked meeting and getting to really know the new characters we are introduced to in this book: Kenji, Winston, Ben, The Girls and more. Tahereh is so good at making you feel like you are right there with Juliette. It's all in the details.

Sometimes I get really annoyed when I can guess that a plot is going to go a certain way, and was able to guess some items here and there but not completely. For some reason with Tahereh's books even though I am still guessing ahead I don't feel annoyed. I still LOVE the drama and the adventure of these books! PLUS, they are so X-men which right up my alley!

Final thought: I cannot wait for book 3! I'm SO GLAD Ignite Me is right around the corner! :) Hurry up February!!!! 

View all my reviews

Comments