Review: A Spark Unseen by Sharon Cameron

A Spark Unseen 
Author: Sharon Cameron
Series: The Dark Unwinding, Book 2
Release date: September 24, 2013
Published by: Scholastic Press
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After Katharine's uncle is almost kidnapped right out from under her nose, she decides that their home is no longer safe and comes up with a crazy plan to hide him away in Paris. Of course Paris just happens to be the last place that Lane was seen. Will she be able to keep the ones she loves safe? Will she be able to find Lane and convince everyone else along the way that he's not actually dead? There are so many, many mysteries to unravel in this one...

My thoughts: This second edition of The Dark Unwinding series was just as amazing as the 1st one. I loved all the of the twists and turns that Cameron instilled in her novels so far. I have no idea how she kept track of all of the details of her twists and turns! It was just plain amazing.

This one was a bit dark. I wasn't prepared for the darkness and I don't want to ruin anything by talking too specifically about it, but if you've read this one then you'll know the bit I mean I think. I was very surprise by this and SO SAD! :(

The gadgets and inventiveness was just as amazing and fantastic in this one as in the first one. I loved it! Very cool stuff. Plus, I love how she mixes together the truth of the historical times with the imagination from her own mind. Check out the details on her website! 

I can't wait to see what Cameron comes up with next in this series! This is one I will definitely be adding to my bookshelves!

View all my reviews

Comments