Review: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers

Dark Triumph 
Author: R.L. LaFevers
Series: His Fair Assassin, Book 2
Release date: April 2, 2013
Published by: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sometimes it's hard to see who someone really is when you look at them and see their shiny outside and judge them by only all those around them. Except, what if that person was really one of Death's daughters sent in among them all as the perfect and most dangerous weapon of all the convent has ever had. Sybella will have to use every single skill she's acquired at the Convent if she's going to make it alive on this assignment...

My thoughts: Holy crap was this INCREDIBLE!!!! I ADORED book 1 and LaFevers did not disappoint with book 2! I have been waiting for awhile to read this after hearing LaFevers speak at Anderson's Bookshop last spring about her Fair Assassin series. Grave Mercy is one of my favorite books EVER and Dark Triumph was just as amazing but in a dark way.

LaFevers wrote an amazing character in Sybella. She is amazing and resilient like no other I've ever seen before in a way that was heartbreaking. Plus, there's The Beast who has an incredible heart like no one I've ever read. No matter what's done to him he just keeps pushing forward and believing in the best in people.

Final thought: I cannot wait for the last installment of this series next year! Mortal Heart should be AMAZING! 

View all my reviews

Comments