Review: All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

All Our Yesterdays 
Author: Cristin Terrill
Series: All Our Yesterdays, Book 1
Release date: September 1, 2013
Published by: Disney Hyperion
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Em has had her world ripped away from her...from her family to her friends to her home to her very existence where she finds herself within four concrete walls imprisoned and being tortured on a daily basis. Of course things used to be very, very different...things used to be perfection when she was at the top of the food chain and her best friend James, the dreamy science smarty, was the one she was hanging around with as often as possible. Well, whenever his annoying pal, Finn, isn't around that is.
How did things become so different so quickly? Could they have been different somehow?

My thoughts: EARTH-SHATTERINGLY AMAZING! WHOA! I seriously am not quite sure where to start with this one because it was such a mind trip, but also such a broken girl and boy story of brilliance! I loved it SO HARD! I was so very lucky to be able to get to meet Cristin this last weekend and got to fangirl drool all over her about how much I loved her book while also getting the copy I had just purchased at Anderson's Annual YA Literature Conference signed. Woot! Woot!

Ok, on to the book...I don't want to ruin any of the amazingness of the twists and turns for you, so I'll just say that I'm always extremely hesitant about time travel books for some reason when I hear about them, or when I even think about trying them for some reason. BUT, each one I've tried has been just fantastic! This one was no different, except this one was even more of a adventure then any of the others I've read before it. Em begins in a cell and has been in the cell for quite some time, which reminded me of V for Vendetta, except for the fact that Em had the voice of love on the other side of the wall from her.

Then there was Marina who just wants to tell James how she really feels. She adores James and Nate; in every way.

The good news for may of you out there...this is a STANDALONE! :)

Final thought: The details in this were just SO amazing! I am still completely astounded by the mystery that is - how in the world Cristin was able to keep track on the linear details of the plot between past and present?? :/ BRILLIANT! Just a BRILLIANT butt-kicking, saving the world adventure every single second of the way! :D

View all my reviews

Comments