Waiting on Wednesday #80 - The Beginning of Everything & The Chaos of Stars

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Robyn Schneider
Release Date: August 27, 2013
Published by: Katherine Tegen Books

Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them--a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lost it all: in one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra's knee, his athletic career, and his social life.

No longer a front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra's ever met, achingly effortless, fiercely intelligent, and determined to bring Exra along on her endless adventures.

But as Exra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must reconsider: if one's singular tragedy has already hit and everything after it has mattered quite a bit, what happens when more misfortune strikes? (Summary from Goodreads)

This sounds like an interesting coming of age story. I'm always looking for good male POV stories and this tragedy-to-maybe triumph story might be the ticket.


Author: Kiersten White
Release Date: September 10, 2013
Published by: HarperTeen

Isadora's family is seriously screwed up.

Of course, as the human daughter of Egyptian gods, that pretty much comes with the territory. She's also stuck with parents who barely notice her, and a house full of relatives who can't be bothered to remember her name. After all, they are going to be around forever--and she's a mere mortal.

Isadora's sick of living a life where she's only worthy of a passing glance, and when she has the chance to move to San Diego with her brother, she jumps on it. But Isadora's quickly finding that a "normal" life comes with plenty of its own epic complications--and that there's no such thing as a clean break when it comes to family. Much as she wants to leave her past behind, she can't shake the ominous dreams that foretell destruction for her entire family. When it turns out there may be truth in her nightmares, Isadora has to decide whether she can abandon her divine heritage after all. (Summary from Goodreads)

I cannot even imagine what it would be like to have Gods as parents while you are a mortal for some reason. How terrible and lonely that would be. That would be so hard, but Egyptian mythology = I'm in! I cannot wait! It has been Greek, Greek, Greek lately and Egyptian is much more my cup of tea! Has anyone read this yet? I know there are ARCs out there.

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. Both these titles sound effing amazing. I remember when I heard Robyn describe her book, and I was like, yep. I want it. STAT. I heaven't read anything by Kiersten White...yet, but I intend to the Chaos of the Stars.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! I'm really excited for The Chaos of Stars as well! Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    Following your lovely blog! Can't wait to see what you read next! :)

    Sabrina @I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both books look freaking awesome! Already added to my to-readshelves so thank you!

    Anyways just wanted to say I think your blog is so cute and I'm loving the banner!

    You should check out my WoW
    @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    I'm new to the blogosphere and would really appreciate followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the blog love! I always wonder if I should work on a fresher look, but I just love it all too much and cannot change it. :) So too bad to those who don't like it!

      Delete
  4. I really like your choices. I wasn't familiar with them until now. Thanks for sharing. I'm now following you.

    Check out: MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YES, I am definitely waiting on these two, as well! I am also really into male MCs and, though I haven't actually ever read any books with Egyptian mythology, I know I'm going to be really into The Chaos of Stars, as well. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment