Review: Weather Witch by Shannon Delany

Weather Witch 
Author: Shannon Delany
Series: Weather Witch, Book 1
Release date: June 25, 2013
Published by: St. Martin's Griffin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Jordan Astraea has known nothing but the most extravagant that life has to offer in Philadelphia, but as she and Rowen look at moving to the next level in their lives the most horrific of all accusations comes to pass...and on her seventeenth birthday!

Will she be able to prove her innocence? Will it matter if she can? Will Rowen be able to save her? And the biggest question of all, who hates her so much to have set her up in the most hateful and evilest way of all?

What will be left of her family when it's all over?

My thoughts: This was an incredibly different and interesting story! WOW! It's 1844, and Philadelphia is like nothing I can even picture! The upper crust is created out of layers of whom is basically king of the mountain of the rich of Philadelphia. Jordan is a bit different from them all though which really made me like her from the very beginning! I think especially having her next to her "best friend" Catrina who is an extremely shallow, conniving, controlling snot-rag who wants what she wants when she wants it! Rowen is a fantastically fun and jolly character who is living life to the fullest just making sure that Jordan has the best time possible! I just love him! And when he realizes that he's Jordan's only hope, and you desperately want him to step up...oh boy does he ever!

I was SO surprised by this one! I started this one twice honestly. The first time I couldn't get farther then 10-15 pages for some reason. I think the world that was supposed to be my own country's history was just SO different that I couldn't get into it. The second time I tried it I dove in and through that portion deciding to give it at least 50 pages before giving up and holy moly am I glad. This was just SO BRILLIANT; what an idea and story! AND, THAT CLIFFHANGER ENDING! AHHHH!!!

Final thought: I CANNOT WAIT for the next one! I will be the first one in line for it!

View all my reviews

Comments