Libby Bit Reviews: Elemental and Fearless

Elemental 
Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Series: Elemental, Book 0.5
Release date: March 27, 2012
Published by: Kensington Teen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Michael Merrick is just focused on not making any trouble. That's what his parents want more then anything...no trouble. The problem is that Michael is a pure Earth Elemental, one with more power then they've ever known could exist! Which is why he's completely off limits to Emily Morgan, who's brother Tyler just happens to use Michael as a punching bag as often as he can hoping that Michael will slip and use his gift breaking the promise his family made.

But when Emily and Michael collide, will they be able to walk away from one another? With one misstep they could lose everything.

My thoughts: I loved diving back into this world of Elementals with this family and their friends. It was like getting home from work and putting on my favorite yoga pants and curling up in my comfy chair! Plus, this one was like flipping through an old scrapbook and looking at a story I was dying to know.






Author: Brigid Kemmerer
Series:  Elemental, Book 2.5 
Release date:  July 31, 2012
Published by: Kensington Teen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hunter Garrity is a serious force of nature as a Fifth, a future Guide. Except that he has to watch his back everyday as the kids at school hunt him because they sense that he's different. Hunter's father is determined to make sure that he is prepared for his future whether it be survival in the outdoors, sharpshooting, or self-defense. Except he's not ready to let Hunter in on the missions yet...

My thoughts: This one was ok. I'm glad I read it and got to see inside Hunter's world with his mom, dad and uncle, but it was as fantastic as Michael's story. I just don't think I like Hunter as much, or his family. Their mission is just so creepy and jaded! Yuk! Of course we see that he becomes a better person later, but still.

Comments