Waiting on Wednesday #65 - Arclight & Linked

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Josin L. McQuein 
Release Date: April 23, 2013
Published by: Greenwillow Books

 No one crosses the wall of light...except for one girl who doesn't remember who she is, where she came from, or how she survived.
The Arclight is the last defense. The Fade can't get in. Outside the Arclight's border of high-powered beams is the Dark. And between the Light and the Dark is the Grey, a narrow, barren no-man's-land. That's where the rescue team finds Marina, a lone teenage girl with no memory of the horrors she faced of the family she lost. Marina is the only person who has ever survived an encounter with the Fade. She's the first hope humanity has had in generations, but she could also be the catalyst for their final destruction. Because the Fade will stop at nothing to get her back. Marina knows it. Tobin, who's determined to take his revenge on the Fade, knows it. Anne-Marie, who just wishes it were all over, knows it.
When one of the Fade infiltrates the Arclight and Marina recognizes it, she will begin to unlock secrets she didn't even know she had. Who will Marina become? Who can she never be again? (Summary from Goodreads)

I always enjoy a new twist on good vs. evil, light vs. dark. 


Author: Imogen Howson 
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Published by: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Elissa used to have it all: looks, popularity, and a bright future. But for the last three years, she's been struggling with terrifying visions, phantom pains, and mysterious bruises that appear out of nowhere.
Finally, she's promised a cure: minor surgery to burn out the overactive area of her brain. But on the eve of the procedure, she discovers the shocking truth behind her hallucinations: she's been seeing the world through another girl's eyes.
Elissa follows her visions, and finds a battered, broken girl on the run. A girl-Lin-who looks exactly like Elissa, down to the matching bruises. The twin sister she never knew existed.
Now, Elissa and Lin are on the run from a government who will stop at nothing to reclaim Lin and protect the dangerous secrets she could expose-secrets that would shake the very foundation of their world. (Summary from Goodreads)

Doesn't this sound AMAZING!!! WHOA!!! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I am so excited for Arclight too! It looks so good.
    I think the cover for your second pick is absolutely gorgeous!
    Linked sounds awesome too.
    You picked 2 great WOW's this week and sadly (for my wallet) they have been added to my must have pile :)
    Bella's W.O.W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read some good reviews for LINKED. Can't wait to check it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very excited for both of these. I have not read a lot of review of Linked yet but everything I have read for Arclight seems to be awesome! Nice picks :)

    My WOW

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I wasn't too excited about Arclight at first, but I'm hearing so many good things about it that I may give it a try.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks, both! Arclight is getting some good early reviews and I think Linked looks interesting (and I love that cover).
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment