Waiting on Wednesday #64 - The Boyfriend App & The Eternity Cure

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Katie Sise 
Release Date: April 30, 2013
Published by: Balzer & Bray

Super-smart, somewhat geeky Audrey McCarthy can't wait to get out of high school. Her father's death and the transformation of her one-time BFF, Blake Dawkins, into her worst nightmare have her longing for the new start college will bring.
But college take money. So Audrey decides she has to win the competition for the best app designed by a high-schooler-and the $200,00 that comes with it. She develops something she calls the Boyfriend App, and suddenly she's the talk of the school and getting kissed by the hottest boys around. But can the Boyfriend App bring Audrey true love? (Summary from Goodreads)

This made me giggle! I can't wait to see if the app works for her (or anyone)!


Author: Julie Kagawa
Release Date: April 30, 2013
Published by: Harlequin Teen

Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning--New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.
Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she's never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike. (Summary from Goodreads)

Book 1, The Immortal Rules, was SOOO good! I can't wait to rea book 2 to find out what happens next for Allie! I do have to say that I was VERY frustrated when they changed the covers even though it really bothered me that Allie is of Asian decent and she's not on the cover of book 1. BUT, now my HC of Book 1 won't match my HC of Book 2 when I get it! :( Poo! :( Oh well! C'est la vie! But oh how I can't wait! Allie seriously kicks butt! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. The Boyfriend App sounds really cute! I still need to read The Immortal Rules... definitely getting to that one soon, though. :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished rereading The Immortal Rules this morning in preparation for The Eternity Cure. Can't wait to start it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment