Waiting on Wednesday #52 - Nobody But Us and Perfect Scoundrels

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Release Date: January 29, 2013
Published by: HarperTeen

Bonnie and Clyde meets If I Stay in this addictively heart-wrenching story of two desperate teenagers on the run from their pasts.
They're young. They're in love. They're on the run.
Zoe wants to save Will as much as Will wants to save Zoe. When Will turns eighteen, the decide to run away together. But they never expected their escape to be so fraught with danger...
When the whole world is after you, sometimes it seems like you can't run fast enough.
Nobody But Us, told in alternating perspectives from Will and Zoe, is an unflinching novel, in turns heartbreaking and hopeful, about survival, choices, and love...and how having love doesn't always mean that you get a happy ending. (Summary from Goodreads)

I'm curious about why the whole world is after them, and I do love an emotional romance!


Author: Ally Carter
Release Date: February 5, 2013
Published by: Hyperion Books for Children

Katarina Bishop and W.W. Hale the fifth were born to lead completely different lives: Kat comes from a long, proud line of loveable criminal masterminds, while Hale is the scion of one of the most seemingly perfect dynasties in the world. If their families have one thing in common, it's that they both know how to stay under the radar while getting --or stealing--whatever they want. No matter the risk, the Bishops can always be counted on, but in Hale's family, all bets are off when money is on the line. When Hale unexpectedly inherits his grandmother's billion dollar corporation, he quickly learns that there's no place for Kat and their old heists in his new role. But Kat won't let him go that easily, especially after she gets tipped off that his grandmother's will might have been altered in an elaborate con to steal the company's fortune. So instead of being the heir--this time, Hale might be the mark. Forced to keep a level head as she and her crew fight for one of their own, Kat comes up with an ambitious and far-reaching plan that only the Bishop family would dare attempt. To pull off, Kat is prepared to do the impossible, but first, she has to decide if she's willing to save her boyfriend's company if it means losing the boy. (Summary from Goodreads)

This series is an absolute TRIPLE CROWN in every way possible! (Sorry, horse racing family!) The main character Katarina Bishop. The secondary characters that surround her. The crimes. The heists. The mysteries. The twists and turns that there is no way you can ever possibly figure out even when you're sure you've gotten them figured out! I LOVE THIS SERIES! I CAN'T WAIT!

p.s. I was SO excited when I had heard that Drew Barrymore's company had purchased the rights to this book for a movie, then was so disappointed they were going to make Kat a young adult instead of the awesome age she is which completely makes her character who she is! BUT, I was still willing to overlook it so that I could just see these darn books made into movies because it would just be so fun! But haven't heard a thing and it seems like it's been forever! Does anyone have any dirt on this? I'm really curious!

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. Nobody but Us sounds really good and I really like the cover :-)

    My WoW: http://theobsessivereader.com/2013/01/23/waiting-on-wednesday-1/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody but us looks great! I didn't like the Heisty Society series but I'm glad you enjoy it! OLD FOLLOWER!
    Check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so unsure about NOBODY BUT US. It definitely sounds like an intriguing read, but it might not be exactly my kind of book... Hope you'll like it though. :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! Either one or both of us have had Nobody but us on our TBR list forever!
    -Beth @ YA Vixens
    My WoW!

    Check out our swag giveaway of The Archived!
    Vixen's Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard really amazing things about Ally Carter's books. They seem like really fun reads! I may have to read them this year.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished reading Nobody But Us and I really enjoyed it. I hope you like it too.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment