Waiting on Wednesday #48 - The Winter Witch and Also Known As


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!

This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Paula Brackston
Release Date: January 29, 2013
Published by: St. Martin's Press

In her small Welsh town, there is no one quite like Morgana. She has never spoken, and her silence as well as the magic she can't quite control make her a mystery. Concerned for her safety, her mother quickly arranges a marriage with Cai Bevan, the widower from the far hills who knows nothing of the rumours  that swirl around her. After their wedding, Morgana is heartbroken at leaving, but she soon falls in love with Cai's farm and the rugged mountains that surround it, while slowly Cai himself begins to win her heart. It's not long, however, before her strangeness begins to be remarked upon in her new village. A dark force is at work there--a person who will stop at nothing to turn the townspeople against Morgana, even at the expense of those closest to her. Forced to defend her home, her love, and herself from all comers, Morgana must learn to harness her power, or she will lose everything. (Summary from Goodreads)

I love the thought of this silent girl who slowly overcomes her shyness in order to fiercely protect those around her. 


I'm not sure which cover is the right cover since NetGalley has the one on the left, and Goodreads has the one on the right! I guess we'll see when it's on the shelves in bookstores! 

Author: Robin Benway 
Release Date: February 26, 2013
Published by: Bloomsbury

Being a 16-year-old safecracker and active-duty daughter of international spies has its moments, good and bad. 
Pros: Seeing the world one crime-solving adventure at a time. Having parents with super cool jobs. 
Cons: Never staying in one place long enough to have friends or a boyfriend. 
But for Maggie Silver, the biggest perk of all has been avoiding high school and the accompanying cliques, bad lunches, and frustratingly simple locker combinations. Then Maggie and her parents are sent to New York for her first solo assignment, and all of that changes. She'll need to attend a private school, avoid the temptation to hack the school's security system, and befriend one aggravatingly cute Jesse Oliver to gain the essential information she needs to crack the case...all while trying not to blow her cover. (Summary from Goodreads)

Doesn't this sound awesome! I just got it from NetGalley/Bloomsbury and I'm really hoping it ends up being a read-alike for Ally Carter's Heist Society series that I LOVE! There are too few books like this out there in YA right now. So I'm crossing my fingers and I'll let you know near the end of January how it is. 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I've heard really good things about "The Witch's Daughter" by Paula Brackston, so I would definitely give "The Winter Witch" a try. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    (Sorry for deleting my first comment. An unfortunate typo mangled the title of the book I was commenting on!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Winter Witch sounds really interesting. I think it is one I shall keep my eye on.


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment