Top 10 Tuesday #26 - Favorite Kick-ass Heroines...

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

Top 10 Favorite Kick-ass Heriones...

1. Riley Blackthorne of The Demon Trapper's series by Jana Oliver - Are you kidding me!? She's a DEMON TRAPPER! ~Ange

2. Annabeth from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series AND the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordon - She is strong and smart and does not let the traditional male heroes take control when she can succeed just as well on her own. ~Rachel


3.  Velveteen Monroe of Daniel Marks' Velveteen series - Ok, not only was she killed very slowly by a serial killer who she's determined to stop at all costs, but she's also the leader of the best Salvage Team in all of Purgatory trapping evil, rogue spirits top-side. ~Ange

4. Elsha in Winter of Fire by Sherryl Jordan - She ROCKS! She stands up to the leadership and declares that the Quelled deserve rights as well. ~Rachel

5. Finley Jayne from Kady Cross's Steampunk Chronicles - Ok, ok, I know I always use these books and these characters in Top 10 lists, but I can't help it! They are OFF THE CHARTS AWESOME IN EVERY WAY! ~Ange


6. Celia from The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - She can work up some awesome magic and create beautiful and intricate illusions while competing for her life. ~Rachel

7. Ismae of His Fair Assassin series by R.L. LaFevers - Ismae not only survives a rather horrifying upbringing, being forced to marry a brutal scumbag and a hideous wedding night, but she's then taken in by the convent of St. Mortain. She learns that she's been blessed with gifts by the God of Death himself. She stays and is trained as an assassin and serves as a handmaiden to Death.= One seriously butt-kicking chick! ~Ange

8. Rose Zarelli from Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett - She is super sassy and says what she means--even if it gets her in trouble. I consider her a herione for girls because of how she faces down situations in smart and thoughtful ways. And--eventually--this leads to the best outcome for all. Love her! ~Rachel

9. Kira from Partials Sequence by Dan Wells- I seriously brave young woman who decides to find the answers to her world's problems on her own if needed, no matter the dangers. She learns many answers to questions and mysteries along the way, but one thing stays consistent...she's seriously butt-kicking!  ~Ange

10. Dez from Otherkin by Nina Berry - Umm...she's a weretiger; need I say more. She thinks she's a freak of nature before she learns she can shift into a rockin' animal, but it turns out that the oddest thing about her is what allows her to accept herself. And she takes out the bad guys, so she rules! ~Rachel


What's on your Top 10 this week?

Comments

  1. Gah! Riley! How can I forgot to put her on my list?! Lol. Great list! :D

    Here my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you have Rose on your list! I adored that book. I have Ismae on my list too! She's so awesome. Great picks!
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. These characters sound super awesome. I want these books. Want them like now. :)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I've been meaning to read the Percy Jackson series for a while now, but you've made me want to even more knowing it's got a great heroine in it.
    Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I almost put Annabeth on mine! And Grave Mercy is one I am going to have to read. I didn't pick it up at first because I was uncertain about it, but I have seen so many rave reviews I can't pass it up. Here is my TTT!

    Vyki @ On The Shelf
    Check out my new meme Cover Crush!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know many of these heroines so I look forward to read the books they're from :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ISMAE!! Sigh. Every time I see the cover for GRAVE MERCY, I want to hug my computer screen.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment