Top 10 Tuesday #24 - Series We Haven't Finished...

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

Top 10 Series We Haven't Finished...

1. The House of Night series - I started this one in the beginning and bought them one at a time reading them as I went along, but finally got angry and frustrated with how abrupt they were each time. They were much too like a soap opera barely finishing out anything within each book before ending and making me wait for the next one. So, I stopped. I have still been buying them in paperback for the day that the series will finally end and I'll finally sit down and read the whole series. ~Ange

2. Harry Potter - Okay, I did eventually finish this one. It just took me a year and a half to finally read Book 7 because I didn't know if I'd like who died and who didn't--I was scared to know the ending! ~Rachel

3. The Curse Workers series by Holly Black - This one makes me feel really low, since I adore Holly Black but for some reason I just wasn't into White Cat and have never picked up the next 2. I do adore the new paperback covers though on the series so I might buy them all and try them all together sometime! ~Ange

4. Breaking Dawn from the Twilight series - I've just never read it. Unlike some people, I did enjoy the first three (the first book is my favorite), but for some reason I've never finished the story. Though, now with the movie, the fourth book is spoiled for me! :) ~Rachel

5. XVI by Julia Karr - I think with this one I was just so disappointed with the fact that I had put this one on a pedestal and hoped beyond hope that it would be just as mind warping as Atwood's Handmaid's Tale. It wasn't! It was only ok. I was so very frustrated with the fact that there were no explanations at all of how the world had become the way it was now in the book. Grrr! Maybe I'll give the next book a chance someday to see if she fixes that issue in book 2. ~Ange

6. The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan - I own the first two books, but I've only read the Percy Jackson series and the newer Olympian series. Maybe I don't want to read anything other than the Greek mythologies?1? But I do, I do want to read them...sometime. ~Rachel

7. The Maximum Ride series- This one again was only ok. I read the first 2, but then have never had the urge to read any more. I think it might be the very young age of the characters. I just couldn't connect with any of them for some reason. My students at the middle school love this series though! ~Ange

8. The Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld - I've read the first book and loved it, but never read the next two. The library has hard cover books--and they are heavy books and I read before bed and my arms fall asleep holding them up... (excuses, excuses) ~Rachel

9. NOT YA/TEEN AT ALL, ADULT SERIES - Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series - I LOVED the first 9 and haven't gotten to any more. I just haven't. No reason. What I really want is to buy them all so I can read them all over and over and over! Great series!

10. A Series of Unfortunate Events - I own the entire series but have only read the first three because they are too unfortunate! Who wants to be sad at the end of EVERY story? Guess I should have believed the titles, huh? :) ~Rachel


What's on your Top 10 this week?

Comments

  1. I quit on the House of Night series after book 7. It's like the series that NEVER ENDS and I got so tired of all the drama. Really, those books just need to end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't finished the XVI series either but I don't think I will because, just like you, the first book was only ok for me ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't finished Delirium. It's been such a struggle to get 30% through the book, I keep reading a little hoping it's going to pick up and be as good as everyone says it is. But I get sick of trying to force myself to read it, and start reading a new book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read book one in most of these series, but that's as far as I've gotten. It's just me. I am happy to just read book one!

    Here's my Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished. I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't even finish the first House of Night book. I've realised that PC Cast isn't for me. I just don't like her writing style. My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curse Workers is on my list, too. I was actually surprised by how much I liked the first book. Here is my TTT: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/top-ten-tuesday-23/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not like the Twilight series at all. However, Breaking Dawn was the best (well for me it was). There aren't many (if any) who think that way. I had a hard time with White Cat as well, but Red Glove was SO much better. That doesn't often happen. I hope you will consider reading it.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Kane Chronicles is on my list also. I've not read any of the Twilight series. Finishing HP is well worth it! Glad you finally got there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have the whole Lemony Snicket series in our house as well, but I haven't got past #3 either! I read Twilight, but I can't see myself reading the other three. i'm just not that excited at the prospect. You really should read the other two Leviathan books. It's such a great series! My top ten post:
    http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/top-ten-tuesday-unfinished-series/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment