Review: Altered by A. D. Croucher

Altered 
Author: A.D. Croucher
Series: Altered Sequence, Book 1
Release date: July 16, 2012
Published by: Indie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


All Reese wants to do is graduate high school, go to a great college...and not get arrested. That's right, not get arrested. You see Reese is one of those friends who helps his closest friend out no matter what it is, even if it's boosting a car. The thing is...it shouldn't have been that easy for Reese. He seemed to know just where the cops were going to go and just where Freddie was the whole time. How is that possible? But ever since Reese was cured by experimental medication of the same incredibly rare and excruciatingly painful neurological disease that took his own mother's life he's felt different, more somehow. He seems to know things he shouldn't or couldn't. And when a body is discovered in the trunk of the car Reese boosts, he needs an airtight alibi. So when his dad suggests he finally go into Pro-Gen Industries for those tests the doctor has been calling about for months now, how could they ever know that once Reese walks through those doors he may never walk back out again...

My thoughts: WHOA! I was not expecting this! What an adrenaline rush from beginning to end! From the opening car boost to the fight for his life in Pro-Gen. I loved this ride! I felt like I was watching an action packed movie I'd stumbled upon while channel surfing. Everything is so well written and thought through that I never stumbled or questioned anything; I just keep moving forward at Mach speed along with Reese. I don't want to give more away then I already have, but WOW buy this one for your eReader and READ IT! You'll love it! Whew, I feel like I need a nap now after riding this roller coaster in one sitting! By the way, I LOVED that even though I guessed and thought I knew what the root of it all was, I NEVER saw the truth coming! You'll have to let me know if you guessed it or not!

The great part!? It's $2.99 as a NOOK Book and only $7.99 as a paperback! Sweet deal for such an awesome read!

View all my reviews

Comments

Post a Comment