Waiting on Wednesday #26 - Skylark and The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!


This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

 Author: Meagan Spooner
Release Date: August 1, 2012
Published by: Carolrhoda LAb

Sixteen year-old Lark Ainsley has never seen the sky.
Her world ends at the edge of the vast domed barrier of energy enclosing all that's left of humanity. For two hundred years the city has sustained this barrier by harvesting its children's innate magical energy when they reach adolescence. When it's Lark's turn to be harvested, she finds herself trapped in a nightmarish web of experiments and learns she is something out of legend itself: a Renewable, able to regenerate her own power after it's been stripped.
Forced to flee the only home she knows to avoid life as a human battery, Lark must fight her way through the terrible wilderness beyond the edge of the world. With the city's clockwork creations close on her heels and a strange wild boy stalking her in the countryside, she must move quickly if she is to have any hope of survival. She's heard the stories that somewhere to the west are others like her, hidden in secret--but can she stay alive long enough to find them? (Summary from Goodreads)


OMG! This sounds sooooooo amazing! Harvesting children's energy to sustain a city--that's the creepiest type of non-renewable resource that I've ever heard of.


The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart 
(Magic Most Foul, Book 2)
Release Date: November 1, 2012
Published by: Sourcebooks Fire

For Natalie Stewart, a normal life has never seemed so far away. Her only solace, Lord Jonathan Denbury, is wanted for murder. To clear his name, Denbury must return to England and assume the role of his demon doppelganger. But Natalie begins to doubt his true motives, especially as a new gentleman begins whispering in her ear. Natalie and Denbury may be able to visit each other in their dreams, but they can't escape the darkening shadows. Amid spontaneous explosions, friends turned enemies and dangerous secrets revealed, there's still a demon who has Natalie's scent, and someone is trying to resurrect the ultimate evil. (Summary from Goodreads.)

I just finished Darker Still, book 1 in the Magic Most Foul series, and CANNOT wait to read Natalie's accounts of what happens next for her out west no less! Although I will surely miss characters I've come to love like Mrs. Northe, I can't wait to meet new ones as well. Hieber's writing is just so darn good and done in such an original way. I am finding that I am thoroughly in love with historical paranormal books! 

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. Yahhh! Skylark! I have this one on my list too :D Can't wait. It's beautiful. Ah I didn't know Darker Still had a second book. Woo, thanks for sharing hun!
    ------
    Giselle from booknerd.ca
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Skylark, I love the purple cover! Awesome pciks!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great covers and choices, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skylark sounds totally awesome! That one is already on my Goodreads wishlist! I definitely hope I can get my hands on it :D

    My WoW - Fragments

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I can't _wait_ to read Skylark. In fact, I'm scheduled to read and review it in 2 weeks. So excited! I've not heard of the second book, but it sounds deliciously creepy. Great picks! :-)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! We'll have to stop over after you post it to see what you think of it! And, seriously grab Darker Still sometime! SO good!

      Delete
  7. I cannot wait for Skylark, it looks and sounds so good!

    Shortskie's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. These books sound amazing! And the covers are very pretty and eye catching! Great Picks! Thanks for sharing! :D

    Here's My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think so too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. Ooh both of these are incredible. I'm definitely going to have to check these out. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

    My Post

    ~Danica Page @Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good choices! Skylark sounds like a new concept, both choices are interesting reads. I have to read Darker Still, sounds like a really good novel.

    My WoW pick: http://www.muzikistah.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-3-transcend.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart is such a cool title that I don't know how you can skip over it. I'll have to go back and read book one because it sounds like some good action. I've seen Skylark and that also could be interesting. It sounds similar to a few plots I've recently read, but it's still worth checking out!

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment