Waiting on Wednesday #22 - Taken and Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!


This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are...

Author: Erin Bowman
Release Date: April 16, 2013
Published by: HarperTeen

There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys - but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he's gone.
The call it the Heist.
Gray Weathersby's eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he's prepared to meet his fate - until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he's been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot - a structure that no one can cross and survive. 
Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken - or risk everything on the hope of the other side? (Summary from Goodreads)

The cover is amazing on this one! AND, that description! Are you kidding me! I MUST read this one to find out what's happening now. I wish we didn't have so longgggg to wait on this one but I'm now looking forward to next year in publishing with this one on the horizon!


Author: Kat Rosenfield
Release Date: July 5, 2012
Published by: Dutton Juvenile

Becca has always longed to break free from her small, backwater hometown. But the discovery of an unidentified dead girl on the side of a dirt road sends the town--and Becca--into a tailspin. Unable to make sense of the violence of the outside world creeping into her backyard, Becca finds herself retreating inward, paralyzed from moving forward for the first time in her life. (Summary from Goodreads)

Oh--a murder mystery! Love it because it sounds like it is also a coming-of-age story where the main character discovers more about herself as the mystery unfolds. Plus, love the cover--creepy but beautiful.

What are you waiting on this week?

Comments

  1. I'm excited to read both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have heard so much about taken, I am looking forward to getting a copy and the other one sounds really interesting :D **New Follower**
    www.bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, ladies! I have both these books on my own Wish List and can't wait until they debut :-) I love the covers and synopses for both, and hope they're as good as they sound!

    Thanks for stopping by BlookGirl earlier <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks! I am looking forward to both of these and especially can't wait to read Taken. The premise sounds fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very intrigued with Taken. I am dying to know where the boys are going or being taken when they turn 18?!!?!?!? Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, such awesome choices! I love them! They both sound super intriguing and different.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am intrigued with The Taken, and I'm waiting for it's release as well.
    I remember seeing it for the first time maybe a week ago on someone else' blog and ended up thiking, "well, if they know they are going to be taken, why can't they just lock him up and put him under 24-hour surveliance?...and how in the world are they reproducing? Are there only teen fathers?"

    and Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone! Gorgeous cover, and reminds me slightly of Kill Me Softly. I will be looking out for reviews of it, but it seems a bit too creepy for me.

    Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for taken! Can't wait to read it. ^.^

    And I'm very intrigued by Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone. Two great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by my bog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment