Top 10 Tuesday #15 - Characters Who Remind Me of...


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

Top 10 Characters Who Remind Me of Myself or Someone I Know...

1. Jena from Tangled - reminds me of myself because of her self-image and self-confidence issues. Though just as Jena does in the story, I have gained confidence in being who I am.

2. Anne from Persuasion - She gets to a point where she realizes that she's allowed others to move her life in a direction she no longer wants and finally stands up for herself and does what she wants. At some point in college, I realized that if I didn't speak up no one would ever know what I wanted!

3. Milo from The Phantom Tollbooth - Ridiculous word play makes me happy, and, as Milo learns through the story, I know that I have the power to make my life as boring or as exciting as I want it to be.

Because I'm feeling a bit self-absorbed, these next two are about my nieces :D

4. Frances from Julia Quinn's romance novel A Night Like This - is the cutest kid, and she reminds me of my niece Elizabeth because they are both stubborn, persistent and like unicorns. Oh...and they both make me laugh! :) 

5. Sunday from Enchanted - reminds me of my niece Amelia because they both have big hearts and are storytellers.

Back to me ;)

6. I also connect with Nimira from Magic Under Stone because I would be willing to do anything for the ones I love too.

7. Strangely enough, I'm going to claim a piece of Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter series. I've been the side kick before, and I'm also a little ridiculous at time.

8. Sometimes I feel like Monkey from It's a Book. I have to explain something hundreds of times before people believe me or give something a try.


9. Okay--I'll admit that I've never been chased by evil-doers, but Will West and his parents in The Paladin Prophecy rang some bells for me. I love my parents. My dad and I have special memories and things we do together. And it's the same with my mom. Will seems to have that same type of loving and caring relationship with his parents--hence his desire to save them!

10. Finally, I'm going to end with someone I wish I had more in common with: Dez from Otherkin. I would love to claim some of her kick-butt=and-take-names attitude, but that's a bit of a stretch for me!
What's on your Top 10 this week?

Comments

  1. I love that you did Ron Weasley! Hes really the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Milo! But I've only seen the animated movie, I never knew Phantom Tollbooth was a book! I really like your descriptions, especially for Anne.
    Awesome list, here’s mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should read Phantom Tollbooth. It just makes me giggle and is a cute, fun adventure:)

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I kind of can identify with Anne from Persuasion, now that I read the description. Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on #2. You can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think a lot of people have a little bit of Anne Elliot in them. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment