Review: Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Frostbite 
Author: Richelle Mead
Release date: April 10, 2008
Published by: Razorbill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


When Rose and Dimitri stumble upon a bloody massacre of Guardians, Moroi and Moroi children by Strigoi, they are horrified that such a large group of Strigoi would be together hunting Moroi. AND, it looks like humans had to be helping which is unheard of. As the Guardians continue to unravel the murder mystery, the Academy students end up stuck at school for the holidays because everyone is terrified of another attack. Of course, when royals plan for a large group get-together for the holidays they do it up right by reopening a extravagant ski lodge fit for princes, princesses and all of their entourages. With everyone's families coming to the ski lodge and Academy for safety, Rose gets the unhappy surprise of having her renowned Guardian mother visiting. As personalities clash, royal families argue about how to proceed and the Strigoi hunt them...things really start to get interesting!


My thoughts: Frostbite starts just after we leave our characters in Vampire Academy with Rose and Dimitri staying away from one another, Lissa and Christian getting closer then ever, and Mason desperate for encouragement from Rose. This was a fast-paced book of relationship drama, friendship drama and parent/child drama with some serious Strigoi v. Guardian and Moroi action as well.


I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that I really liked the change in Mia and the added new character of Adrian! I can't wait to see how they continue to develop in the next books. I was very sad to lose a great character, but I also thought it was rather "easy" that particular character was the one to go and also very obvious. I'm still struggling with the fact that I so easily know where the story is going before I read it...but I'm still going to read it! :)


On to the 3rd book!

View all my reviews

Comments