Review: Intangible by J. Meyers

Intangible 
by J. Meyers
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Published by: Indie Author :)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


What if you could see visions of the future? What if your best friend, the other half of your soul was lying in a pool of their own blood in the last one you had? What would you do to try to change it?


My thoughts: This was great! I loved it! It reminded me a bit of a show I used to really love called Heroes. Each person has a special ability and they slowly discover each other all over the world, but it all starts with one girl! This is much the same with Sera and Luke each having an ability and others finding them who also have something special about them. Plus there's the mystery from he very beginning of knowing that Sera is going to die because Luke as Seen it and he has never had a vision which hasn't come true. There were tons of fun things in this book. I really liked the twins and their personalities; Fey was a really cool character as well. Jonas was very interesting and I really liked the background on him and that he wanted to stay the way he was. So many great things but I don't want to ruin it all for you!
One thing I really didn't like was this bullying character, Naomi, and what Sera did to her. I thought it was an incredibly bad move using her gift because people reading the book who might have an issue similar to this certainly couldn't use their gift to deal with a bully in the same way. Usually when there's a bullying situation the character either learns to stand up for themselves or to ignore the bully. Nothing was really learned here. (This is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.) Overall the amazing creativeness and heartfelt characters that made you wish you had best friends like this were awesome! What a great addition to the YA world of books!


Final thoughts: I can't wait to see what happens next, who they'll meet and what they'll be able to do!

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. This is an absolute golden words that you have posted about blog review.This is very nice which can impress anyone and tempt to post a comment.Really great contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost got this for my kindle the other day, but was unsure if i would like it. I loved Heroes so I think I will give it a try :) Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it! Such a good one and different from anything else I've read lately. The characters are great!

      Delete

Post a Comment