Waiting on Wednesday #14- Underworld & Glitch

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to post a link to your Waiting on Wednesday below!



This week's pre-publication "We can't wait to read it!" selections are:

(Abandon Trilogy, Book 2)
Release Date: May 8, 2012
Published by: Point

Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back.
Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn't dead.
Not this time.
But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey.
Her captor, John Hayden, claims it's for her own safety. Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they've come back as Furies, intent on vengeance...on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.
But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there...and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies.
And unless Pierce is careful, this time there'll be no escape. (Summary from Goodreads)

Oh my goodness, I forgot all about this series and now see that the second one is coming! Loved the first with its slightly mythological feel-can anyone say Persephone :) Now I have to re-read Abandon so I'm ready when this one comes out! 



(Glitch, Book 1)
Release Date: August 7, 2012
Published by: St. Martin's Press

In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network. When Zoe starts to malfunction (or "glitch"), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers. As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they're caught and deactivated, or worse. In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an new young adult trilogy. (Summary from Goodreads)


Are you kidding me! AWESOME! I can't wait to read this! WOW! 


What are you waiting on this Wednesday?  

Comments

  1. I really need to start that Meg Cabot series, I love all her other books! And Glitch sounds AMAZING - I got it in NetGalley recently and am resisting so hard from just skipping it in front of the other books I have to read haha. I'll probably still read it far earlier than I have scheduled, but it just seems so good!

    Great picks :)
    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these books are going to be good I think- Glitch looks awesome and Meg Cabot is always weaving a good yarn!

    My pick: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the anorexic-looking cover model, I really love the cover of Meg Cabot's novel and hell, who doesn't love the sound of Glimpse? Great picks!!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glitch sounds so good! I simply can't wait to get my han ds on it.
    Hreat pick!
    Em

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first book in the Abandon Trilogy yet, but I completely agree with Glitch. I am really looking forward to that one.

    Abbey Ann
    abbeyannsbookland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Underworld" was my pick for last week... and "Glitch" does sound interesting. Thanks for sharing! My WoW: http://emcastellan.com/2012/04/25/waiting-on-wednesday-5/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just heard about Glitch last night, I'm so excited for it!


    Mind checking out my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices!! I need to read the Meg Cabot series--I will have to add that to my TBR pile!!

    My WoW: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had Glitch as our WoW a while ago so we're definitely waiting on thias. :)

    Thank you for stopping by at BookVenturers today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for Underworld! And I already have Glitch from Netgalley and I'm really excited to read it. Great picks!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealos! I requested it but haven't heard anything yet! :( It sounds SO good!

      Delete
  11. Glitch! What a rest pick. And thanks for stopping by Citrus Reads. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! Shel is anxiously waiting for Underworld too! Thanks for stopping by our WoW.

    Nat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment