Top 10 Tuesday #10- Our Spring-to-read Lists...


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the team over at Broke and the Bookish! Leave a link to your Top 10 below!

Our Top 10 Spring 2012 To-be-read Lists....

1. Nali by Esther Henry- We are reading this for our Book Club which is fast approaching! I can't wait since this author is a friend of ours and former colleague!! YAY! 

2. The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, Book 2) by Kady Cross- I have been DYING for this! The prequel and book 1 are literally my FAVORITE BOOKS EVER and am SO excited that I was approved for it from Harlequin Teen and NetGalley! No pressure on hoping I love this one! LOL!

3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi- 1st things, the cover is GORGEOUS! 2nd, the idea of a girl who has been exiled who's trying to not get killed by an electrical storm meeting a hunter from a tribe who both end up needing each other even though they are complete opposites appeals to me. I want to know why and how...AND, we are going to meet her in April at Anderson's Bookshop! Plus, the author puts together these really great videos which I just LOVE! Here's the one I like most. Enjoy. 

4. Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, Book 1) by Robin LaFevers- 1st, the cover is GORGEOUS! WOW! I got this for review from NetGalley and can't wait to read it. I mean a girl would goes into a convent to avoid marriage to a bad man who then learns she's been blessed by the God of death himself!? Seriously, I'm in! Plus it's gotten tons of gushing from other bloggers lately online.

5. The Whisper (The Roar, Book 2) by Emma Clayton- I just loved the 1st book in this series and have never understood why it didn't get much PR when it was just out!? It was even a JLG selection if I remember correctly. Well I've made sure it's popular in Monroe! LOL! I can't wait to find out what happened to the 2 main characters after the end of the 1st book.

6. Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, Book 1) by Marissa Meyer- again, the cover is AMAZING! I love the idea that this is a Cinderella story where Cinderella's a cyborg! Plus, it takes place in Bejing, which I think will make for a very interesting story. 

7. Hallowed (Unearthly, Book 2) by Cynthia Hands- I read the 1st one of these over break and it was a nice, fast read for me. I liked that it was an original idea and story-line for me about Angels. I'm very curious to see what happens next!  

8. The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, Book 2) by Eoin Colfer- I just loved the 1st book, which I listened to and have always meant to read the rest but haven't. Having gotten the 1st two books from NetGalley and Disney Group Books certainly kicks me in the butt to do it! I can't wait to see what happens next for the master criminal and his incredibly interesting group of friends. 

9. Shatter Me (Shatter Me, Book 1) by Tahereh Mafi- Are you kidding me...the 1st line int he sumamry says "Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days." Her tough is fatal and "The Establishment" wants to use her as a weapon! Wow! Wicked! I'm in! Plus, the author is incredibly fun on Twitter who we are going to meet in April at Anderson's too.

10. When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle- This is an ARC I got from Heidi at YABibliophile.com and I can't wait to read it. It's the Romeo and Juliet story except in this one Juliet is unstable and Rosalind is crushed when Romeo goes back to Juliet. I adore Shakespeare and can't wait to see how this all plays out! What a fun idea for a book!

We'll see if I actually stick to this order! :)


Spring-to-be-read list! Woohoo-two more weeks and then I'll be reading these books until my eyeballs dry up and fall out!

1. The Crowfield Demon (Crowfield Abbey, Book 2) by Pat Walsh- I jumped around like a small child on sugar when I saw this at the high school library! I read the first book last year, called Crowfield's Curse, and love, love, loved it! If you like fantasy and adventure these books are for you. Will has the Sight and must protect Crowfield Abbey from what he can now see-oh, yeah! I can't wait to read what Will does next.

2. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's, Book 1) by Ransom Riggs- Thought it might be fin to scare myself over break. Apparently there was a reason these peculiar children were confined to this home on an island-creepy! The story is told through text and images, and I can't wait!

3. Behemoth (Leviathan, Book 2) by Scott Westerfeld- Steampunk awesomeness! The Darwinist and Clankers are fighting is this World War remash. Umm...I read Leviathan and loved it, so now I have to read #2 and...

4. Goliath (Leviathan, Book 3) by Scott Westerfeld- I've got to know if Alek and Deryn end up together!

5. Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices, Book 1) by Cassandra Clare- I have had this book on my NOOK for a year now because a student recommended it to me. He had me reading this author's Mortal Instruments series while he started reading this series. After the first book, he told me I had to keep reading more of Clare's books :) I read the book jacket and decided more magic and mystery had to be in my future!

6. Witch and Wizard (Witch & Wizard, Book 1) by James Patterson- On my NOOK from the start of the year. It was another student recommendation. Man this pile of need to read books keeps growing!

7. Bewitching (Kendra Chronicles, Book 1) by Alex Flinn- It's from the point of view of the witch from Beastly! How could anyone resist reading about her and the things that led her to be who she is?

8. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson- I am very intrigued by this historical telling of the U.S. Ambassador and his family's experience in Berlin during Hitler's rise to power.

9. Faery Tales and Nightmares by Melissa Marr- I've only gotten to read one of the short stories in this collection, and I'm hungry for more as it was just as enjoyable a read as Marr's Wicked Lovely series. Hope I get to read the entire collection this spring. 

10. Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson- I heard about this book at an in-service I attended. The ideas in this book are all about science and technology and our world. At the in-service, Naomi Harm shared the following video with is and that is what made me pick up the book: http://youtu.be/NugRZGDbPFU 

I have even more need-to-read books on my shelves and in my NOOK, but these are the ten I'd like to tackle and get through this spring. Happy reading!

What's on your Top 10 this week? 

Comments

  1. Ahh so many great books! I don't even know where to start. I have been meaning to read The Girl in the Steel Corset (I think that's the first one?), so I'm glad to hear you loved it. I thought Shatter Me was absolutely amazing, and the Leviathan books were really fun. Hope you enjoy them all! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Under the Never Sky is such a great book. I also liked Witch and Wizard. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one freaking awesome list. I feel like I want to read every one of these books too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some pretty great books! I have Bewitching from the library and it looks good. Hallowed, Cinder and Shatter Me are super, and I'm right there with you excited to read Grave Mercy and Under the Never Sky.
    Happy reading & happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED Under the Never Sky and Hallowed! They were both amazing! I'm also really excited to read Shatter Me and When You Were Mine! And Bewitching sounds really good as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, just popping in... Oh some great books here for me to add to my TBR pile, thanks. Also you will love Cinder, it was an enjoyable retelling.

    I’m also your newest follower!

    :) Here is my choice...

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys have so much awesomeness on your lists. I see several that I've read & loved, as well as some that I have for review. I hope you both have lots of fun digging into these great books! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment