Review: Mastiff by Tamora Pierce

Mastiff (Beka Cooper, #3)Mastiff 
Author: Tamora Pierce
Released: October 25, 2011
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Beka Cooper has just lost her would-be-mate but what everyone doesn't know is that they had already left each other quite a while before he went and got himself killed by being careless during work. Beka hides from the world until her Lord Gershom comes personally to fetch her and Tunstall for a secret mission for the crown. Soon Beka has not only seen too much death and destruction of the darkest kind, but also she, Achoo, Pounce, Tunstall and a new addition to their crew, Farmer, are on the biggest hunt of their lives for the most precious of things has been taken. Only Beka and her crew can be trusted in all the realms; they are the hope of Tortall.


My thoughts: This is the last in a trilogy which is pure genius. The world that Pierce has created has amazing depth and character. I can't begin to understand how she kept track of all of her characters, story-lines, etc. I love how the world of Tortall is set up like our own Medieval world with Kings, knights and all the rest. Of course it's Tamora Pierce so there's also magic. Lots of magic. AND, there are lady knights! How cool is that!? I don't know what it is that drew me to these books...I think it was the main character of Beka. She's a reluctant heroine (which I love) who has all of these amazing bits and pieces about her that just suck you in! Plus she kicks butt! Literally!


If you haven't tried these books, do it! Terrier is book 1! I, on the other hand, will have to try another one of Tamora Pierce's series AND buy these 3 books for myself since I adore them!


View all my reviews

Comments