Review: The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross

The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1)The Girl in the Steel Corset
Author: Kady Cross
From: Library
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Finley Jayne knows this is her last chance to get & keep a good household servants job. She's had so much trouble in the past. Trouble just seems to find Finley though. She's begun to wonder if there's something seriously wrong with her!? When there's trouble, something inside her begins to raise it's ugly and very dangerous head. Finley never knows if her other self will be able to keep from causing a scene or if she'll have to start looking for another job again.

Unfortunately Finley's newest employer has a son with a wide streak of evil...and after he tries to lay his hands on Finley, she has to get as far away as possible...
Right into The Duke of Greythorne. Soon Finley learns that not only is the Duke different from others but so are his friends. Soon Finley's wrapped up in a mystery that may be about to explode...

LOVED THIS! SERIOUSLY! This book was my absolute favorite from 2012. If this is what the new genre of Steampunk is all about...I'm in! If you are a fan of the late 1800's, old gadgets, or classic science fiction characters...this genre is for you!

(This actually brought back my old obsession with the movie The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!) So darn cool! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 2ND BOOK! For now I'll make myself happy with the FREE eBook, short story prequel instead...can't wait...ok, done gushing for now, but WOW!

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. I just read it as well. I agree with you. It was a great book. So what do you think, Griff or Jack. I've got to be honest, I'm a little torn. Everyone needs a little bad boy in their life, don't they? But a man with money who's not too proud... it's a hard choice.

    Have you read "The Strange Case of Finley Jayne" yet? I read it before "The Girl in the Steel Corset" just to get to know Finley a little before her great adventure!

    I can't wait for "The Girl in the Clockwork Collar" to come out!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about Jack & Griff! I can't wait 2 c how that works itself out in the future!
    I JUST finished the short story...LOVED it! Much more on the creepy side! So fun in relation 2 Mary Shelley's story! I don't know how in the world I'm going 2 b able 2 wait for book 2!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment