Review: The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld

The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)The Secret Hour
Author: Scott Westerfeld
From: Library
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Jessica Day has just moved to a new town & she's about to find out just how different Bixby, Oklahoma really is as midnight approaches...

You see at exactly 12:00 in Bixby, the whole world freezes & only those born at midnight can move around in the extra hour of blue time. Cool, right? The problem is that all the darkest, most dangerous & massively intelligent creatures who have been around since the beginning of time appear in the blue time only to go bump in the night!

This is such an interesting concept! I'm curious as to where the idea came from for Westerfeld. This was an interesting read and I will certainly be reading the rest of the trilogy but it wasn't without wrinkles for me. I had a hard time loving this because it felt so choppy to me. It was hard to keep up with at times & the characters aren't ones you can really connect with which is frustrating throughout the book. I just didn't like any of them to the point where I would rush to get the next book.

I'm hoping the next book will pick up and carry me away! Here we go!
Have u read this one? What did u think?

**UPDATE: couldn't even finish the 2nd one. This never happens for me! I can always finish a book I start, but not this one. The characters got worse for me, not better. On the other hand I've had others tell me that this was there favorite series ever! Interesting!
View all my reviews

Comments