Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
From: Read as a NOOK Book on a NOOK from my library!
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Beatrice has reached the fateful age of 16, the stage at which all kids of the futuristic Chicago must select which of 5 factions they will join for life. Each faction, Candor, Abnegation, Dauntless, Amity, and Erudite, represents a virtue. Beatrice is Abnegation...selfless, leaders, steady, etc. "Faction is greater than blood." Beatrice has never felt like she fits in with the traits of Abnegation, but "faction is thicker than blood" which means once she chooses she walks away from her family forever if it's not Abnegation she chooses. What will her test results show? What will she ultimately choose? Will her family really forsake her if she chooses differently from them?

This was amazing and I CAN'T WAIT for the next book, Insurgent! This has SO much! The factions are perfect and would make wonderful discussions with students and book clubs! WOW! I'm afraid to gush to much b/c I might give away a ton by doing that so I will just say that this was one of the absolute BEST dystopians yet! READ IT IMMEDIATELY! Then tell me what u think! :D

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Another point I was confused about was some of the things the Dauntless did. Dauntless are the brave and strong ones, correct? Can someone explain to me how getting tattoos and piercings is 'brave', other than overcoming your fear of needles? (Hooray, now you can go get your shots without crying. Have an extra lollipop for being a brave little child.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment