Review: Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)Beautiful Darkness
Author: Kami Garcia
From: Library
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Small-town Gatlin is certainly not the quiet town it seems to be! Lena & Ethan have found they can survive anything together, as long as they are together. The problem is that since the Sixteenth Moon Lena has been pulling farther and farther away from everyone into the darkness! That's when the visions begin again for Ethan...

This 2nd installment of The Castor Chronicles was perfect with all of its twists and turns at every step of the journey. One of the best part about this book was learning the back stories and learning more about the characters.

I have no idea where Garcia & Stohl are going with these moons! I'm a bit nervous! I don't want to give too much away but each time it doesn't turn out just how everyone expects it to or how it's been seen! What the heck!? I can never decide if the way it turns out is better or worse than it was expected to be!

Things I loved:
-Ethan's new powers.
-Lucille Ball!
-The love story of Macon & Janie!
-Amma!!
-The entire cool underworld of "tunnels"--WOW!
-the cool eye colors!

Things I didn't love:
-the lack of interaction between Lena & Ethan
-Liv, she's ok, but I don't get her! Why is she there? What happens next w/her?
-The end w/Twyla.
-Lena's necklace- just not my thing

One thing's for sure...I can't wait for the next installment! :)
View all my reviews

Comments