Review: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3)The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Author: Stieg Larsson
From: Library
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How deep do the secrets go? Who is involved? How far up the chain in the government? Who is breaking into their homes? These are just a very few of the mysteries Blomkvist is hunting down now. Will he be able to answer them all? Will he be done in time? Only you can find out by reading now...

WOW! The amazingness that is Stieg Larsson's mind to be able to keep track of all of the story threads he has running is just plain amazing! I'm incredibly bummed that he's dead! I want more from this author! :(

OK, the book...it was perfect! The perfect ending for me for this trilogy. I was hooked from the very moment it began just where it ended with the 2nd book. I was instantly yanked back into this world of crime, conspiracy and sassy, kick-butt girl Salander! I love this character so much! Everything about her!

What I loved...
-Lisbeth Salander, apparently I'm addicted to sassy, butt kicking gals! Who knew!?
-The trial at the end! Perfect!
-Meeting Blomkvist's sister, the lawyer.
-The Dr.Jonnason! What a great guy!
-The hackers! I love this little, elite community of international hackers. They show how wonderful the web can be by connecting people of all backgrounds and creating a community of unlimited support.

I keep wondering if Larsson had planned to continue with a series with Millenium, Salander & Blomkvist? I would have been a huge fan! Oh well, c'est la vie! Now I can finally watch the 3rd movie on Netflix! I think they did a great job with these so far! I'm rather worried that the Americans will ruin them now that they're producing them, but I'll cross my fingers anyway. We'll see!

Read it! It's a completely different read from anything else I've ever read. Warning: definitely NOT a series for anyone under 15!

View all my reviews

Comments