Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium
Author: Lauren Oliver
From: won a SIGNED copy through Twitter from @HarperTEEN
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Lena lives in a possible future world of exactly zero love. The entire nation has already done away with the disease of amor deliria nervosa a generation before and now the cure is the standard at 18. An entire existence of people without emotions and in exactly 95 days Lena  will be safe from the infection; she can't wait! "The most dangerous sicknesses are those that make us believe we are well.-Proverbs 42, The Book of Shhh."

How can a book be so blah and then EXPLODE into action? What the hay may?

I couldn't believe it! I had a very hard time getting into the main character, she's just NOT someone I could connect with in any way apparently. So I trudged along and once things started to move I was very impressed! This reminds me of Forrest of Hands and Teeth where I felt exactly the same about the 1st book and then LOVED the 2nd one. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE! So please hurry up Lauren Oliver! :D

P.S. That ending = I literally threw my book = brilliance!

Things I liked:
-The quotes from the books of her time which were completely altered from ours to fit their society's beliefs and agendas. EVEN the BIBLE! I LOVED this!
-Her running w/her bff
-Little Gracie, I am truly hoping to see more of that one!
-SOOOO many amazing one-liners throughout the book that I wanted to write down to save for another time! Here's one for you "...if you hear the past speaking to you, feel it tugging at your back and running its fingers up your spine, the best thing to do--the only thing--is run."

**UPDATE: This is one of those books where you read it and think it's ok, and then you think about it ALL the time, and then you talk about it ALL the time, and on and on and on!!! When this happened I reread it again and now it has become one of my all time favorites! How does this happen people? Does this ever happen to you? It's under my skin now and I can't seem to ever get it out!

View all my reviews

Comments