Review: Whip It by Shauna Cross

Whip ItWhip It
Author: Shauna Cross
From: Linrary
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Bliss Cavender, do I have to say more? That's her name! How tragic can it get, but there's more...her mother is obsessed with beauty pageants and hoping they'll follow in the family tradition of becoming the next Miss Blue Bonnet. Blick, right!? This is exactly how Bliss feels. Lost and becoming smothered in her small town of Bodeen, Texas until one day a flyer for the Austin Roller Derby finds its way into her hands. One evening of roller derby is all it takes for Bliss to know that she has finally found "her people." Will she be brave enough to try it? Will she try out? What about her mother? Read Whip it to find out!

I loved this! I picked it up because the movie is one of my favorites and the book didn't disappoint! The way Bliss talks and thinks is perfect. Read the book, then watch one of my idols (Drew Barrymore) directing debuts in Whip It!

View all my reviews

Comments