Review: The Forest of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Author: Carrie Ryan
From: Purchased
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mary knows exactly how her life is going to progress...get married, have as many babies as possible, follow the word of the sisters and always stay away from the forest of hands and teeth. This is her life and the life of every person living in her village inside the fence. The Unconsecrated are always present on the other side of the fence pressing in and trying to sink their teeth into anyone who strays close enough. When Mary begins to learn secrets about the Sisterhood which they'd rather keep secret at any cost...her world begins to fall apart a bite at a time.

Zombies. Really! Zombies! Definitely NOT my thing, but I figured I better give it a try with the reviews I was reading about this. I must have liked this since I literally just read it in one day! What hooked me about this book is that even though death surrounds them every day, Mary still has hope! Gobs of it! She's confused and not sure about what to do next, which is exactly how we all feel on a regular basis. Ok, so maybe it's just me. The point is this character is very believable! I did keep thinking about Alice and The Umbrella Company all the time, but I can't wait to see what happens next. Book #2 here I come...

View all my reviews

Comments